HOW TO PROPERLY CUT PRINTABLE PLANNER INSERTS
In this post, we will show you 2 different methods to cut your printable planner inserts.
METHOD 1 : XACTO KNIFE OR PAPER TRIMMERS
Tools : Xacto knife, ruler and cutting mat OR Paper trimmer with lifting blades
- Make all vertical (blue) cuts using the cut marks as your guides. Make sur to NOT cut all the way across the paper.
- Make all horizontal (orange) cuts using the cut marks as your guides.
METHOD 2 : GUILLOTINE OR PAPER TRIMMERS
Tools : Guillotine or Paper trimmer
Important : Always ensure your paper is completely against the top of your guillotine/trimmer to avoid slanted cuts. This also allows you to cut using only one trim mark instead of needing both trim marks across.
- Cut across CUT 1 (Green) using the top horizontal cut marks as guides. Cut across CUT 2 (Pink) using the middle vertical trim marks as guides.
- After the first 2 cuts you should have two parts of the sheet(s). The left sheet(s) should be flipped horizontally so that the “ROSIE PAPETERIE” logo is on the left side.
- Using the ruler attached to your guillotine or trimmer, align to the width measurement of your insert to make CUT 3 (Yellow). Alternatively, you can use the remaining vertical cut mark as a guide.
- Turn the sheet(s) counterclockwise (the logo should be at the bottom ). Using the ruler attached to your guillotine or trimmer, align to the length measurement of your insert to make CUT 4 (Purple).
All credits goes to 8Lotus (8lotus.co) for creating this wonderful cutting guide.